Sunday 27 February 2011

Back on the slopes

5 months since my operation and I decided it's time to try snowboarding again. On a total whim, I went with  a friend to the southernmost ski resort in Sweden, VallĂ„sen. It's a very small resort, with only a ~120m worth of altitude, and sitting not far off sea level. Most of the snow there was artificial, yet no worse than conditions I have typically been in, in Australia. With some last minute shopping on Friday night I picked up a pair of wrist-guards to ensure I didn't break my wrist again. After spending many hours researching what to get and where to get them I ended up just grabbing pretty much the only pair in my size available anywhere in Copenhagen. Thankfully, they did the trick! Though in actual fact, I didn't really test them out too much and spent most of the day on my feet, which was a pleasant change. I think perhaps I am finally getting a bit better, have a bit more confidence, and despite how I thought I would feel, I'm less nervous about falling now that my hands are protected!

Anyway, a great day was had by all (short of sore leg muscles the following day), and now I'm ready to hit the Alps!

No comments:

Post a Comment