Monday 7 February 2011

The important things in life

I spent the weekend in London. This was one of the great attractions of moving to Copenhagen for this job, the ability to travel easily and cheaply. To not have to spend 4 hours on a plane just to get to the other side of the country, never mind a different country, and to be able to do so with pocket change. Anyway, I made use of some super cheap flights and had a fantastic weekend in London. The best part about it though, was that there was zero tourist aspect to it, and it was purely to spend time with an old childhood friend, and some family. The two days there made me realise what are the things that are really good about life, and what is really required to make me feel good about myself. Friends and family.

So yet again I have learnt the lesson to not let 14 years (but practically, more like 25 years) pass between catching up with friends. That, and to make time for family because they are the ones who always welcome you with open arms, who will always make time for you, always be interested in you, and always make you feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment