Saturday 23 October 2010

A really crap or really good hot chocolate?

This afternoon I decided to find a local cafe`, and sit down with a hot chocolate and my book. I ordered a 'mixed' hot chocolate (since that one had dark and light chocolate), sat down, and started drinking the frothy mixture. I was a bit puzzled as to why there were 2 swizzle sticks in the drink, but figured the person behind the counter had just mistakenly put 2 in instead of one. I can't say I was overly impressed with the drink - it was indeed hot, but barely had any flavour to it. It was just like hot milk. I thought this was going to be my first disappointing culinary experience in Copenhagen... However, I was quickly proven wrong. Upon withdrawing one of the swizzle sticks from the drink, I noticed a blob of solid chocolate attached to the end. Ahhh - so that's how it works! Obviously I have had too many crappy hot chocolates made with powder and I'm just not used to the real thing.

After melting and stirring the dark and milk chocolate in (with only 3/4 of the milk left), I had a fantastic, super chocolatey hot drink. Yumm!

2 comments: