Monday 11 October 2010

Yup, I've been screwed

I now at least have some evidence that something useful was done in surgery a couple of weekends ago. The 2 screws in my hand actually look a bit larger than I was expecting, but oh well, as long as they do the job.

The good news is, my orthopaedic surgeon has cleared me to fly to Copenhagen at the end of the week and start work. Thankfully Denmark is a nice western country with all the trappings of a quality medical system, otherwise I would potentially be in Perth for a lot longer. So I leave Perth now on Friday afternoon and get to Copenhagen on Saturday morning, all ready for work on Monday. I have an apartment to stay in for my first 10 days there - a very trusting neighbour of a colleague-to-be is renting their place out to me while they're away for a couple of weeks. Once there, I figure it shouldn't be too hard to find something more permanent.

So after spending, what feels like many many hours, filling out medical forms, spending time on the phone to QANTAS and various other places, I am finally heading off. Although it's a little frustrating that my adventure starts with only one working hand, I can't wait to begin it!



In the mean time, I have had a bit of fun dealing with the used car dealer to which I sold my car in Canberra. On September 28 they were supposed to pay me. They didn't. The were missing a digit on the account number, so we fixed that up. A few days later, half of the money shows up - they said they needed to pay in small amounts due to their netbanking limits. Unfortunately, the second half still hasn't shown up and all I get from them is excuses. Turns out that even the used car salesmen that you think may not be as dodgy as the rest of them, are indeed as dodgy as the rest of them. Chris Clearihan from Braddon Auto Mart is no exception!

No comments:

Post a Comment