Monday 25 October 2010

South African Surprise in the middle of Denmark

I arrived for my new job in Denmark just in time for a 3 day retreat! The retreat is an annual even in the office for the whole of the branch which I work for (roughly 50 people) and is partly a team building exercise, partly fun, and partly work. The retreat location has been kept secret from us - primarily so the fun part can be a surprise. But more on that (and the fact that I now have permanent accommodation in Copenhagen) in the next post (when I have some more photos too).

In the mean time, during dinner tonight, our treat was a mini-concert by a Danish vocal group called Papaya. The group is basically a collection of people who like African, and in particular South African music and sing a lot of it. They do tours in South Africa (both to sing and to learn) and also do concerts in other countries around Europe. For a group of very pale looking Nords, they were pretty impressive black singers!

Rather than posting my crappy mobile phone footage of them singing the South African National Anthem, I figured a YouTube video would be better...

1 comment:

  1. If you don't look but just listen, they reallly do sound like 'dinky die' Black South Africans!

    ReplyDelete