Friday 15 October 2010

Sprechen Sie Englisch?

Well it turns out that if you move around a German airport using a German passport, everyone talks to you in German and acts very surprised and confused when you ask them whether they speak English!

One of the great things about being in Europe though, or at least, being out of Australia, is the existence of customer service. After QANTAS giving me the shits at Perth Airport due to having one policy used by the telephone sales people, and a different policy being used by the check-in staff, I ended up with my luggage not being able to be checked all the way through to Copenhagen. And yes, it was all a single ticket purchased from QANTAS. But since I was flying SAS from Frankfurt to Copenhagen, lets just say, my luggage wasn't going to get checked through all the way. So after collecting my luggage in the rabbit warren that is Frankfurt Airport, I made my way over to check in for my SAS flight and found an extremely obliging lady at the check-in counter, who was more than happy for me to bend the rules and take a second piece of luggage as carry-on. I clearly had more than the allowable dimensions and weight - but thanks to good customer service, it wasn't a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment