Monday 1 November 2010

2 shopping mistakes in as few weeks...

Although everyone here speaks English, nearly all signage is 100% in Danish. Supermarkets are no exception.

My first mistake was the first time I went to the supermarket. Looking for milk I purchased kærnemælk. Since all the cartons had the word mælk on them, I just had to decide which prefix I wanted. Since there was a high proportion of kærnemælk cartons and they also came in various percentages (fat content I assumed) I went home with one of them.

I discovered when pouring it on my cereal the next morning that it was indeed buttermilk. Argh!

Today I made yet another mistake. What I thought was fabric softener (pink, creamy looking, big bottle, smelling like fabric softener) ended up just being washing detergent. So now my clothes have all been washed twice, smell very strongly like flowers, and feel a little soapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment