Wednesday 24 November 2010

It's going to be a white Channukah


View of the courtyard from my kitchen window
Although the skies started looking rather ominous, I didn’t really believe the girl in the canteen when she said it was going to snow later. I did expect snow later in the week after seeing the Friday forecast as having a minimum of -7’C and a maximum of -5’C. But sure enough, that evening, snow flurries started falling. And sure enough, when I woke up this morning the city was covered in a light blanket of white powder – at least that’s how it looked. I quickly discovered after walking to the shops and back that the powder was rather icy and it probably wouldn’t be too long before I slipped and fell on my ass (or worse still, on an outstretched arm!). However, it was still very pretty seeing all the cars, trees, rooftops and parks covered in white.
My street - view from my lounge room


Unfortunately there is no undercover parking for bikes in my complex - not looking forward to having to ride to work after snow!
Today is also the first day of my trip to New York – and taking off from Kastrup Lufthavnen and seeing the whole area almost totally covered in snow was quite a site to behold!

No comments:

Post a Comment