Saturday 27 November 2010

MoMA


I went to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – modern art is definitely the more interesting form of art for me. Partly because I do actually like some of it and find it quite impressive, but partly also because I find it interesting how crap some things can be that people pay lots of money for. Whilst the MoMA doesn’t have a urinal as an art installation like the Tate Modern in London, it didn’t disappoint and I managed to spend almost 3 hours there. In short, whilst I really like some of the Matise, Chagall and Dali, there is some utter rubbish there, namely most of Jackson Pollock’s work (there was one painting there that I thought was OK) and quite a lot of the Van Gogh. All in all, interesting to see some of the famous works, even if some of it is rubbish. What I did enjoy were some of the art installations rather than paintings – there were some cool works which were artistic, colourful and quite obviously required lots of talent in their creation. All in all, a worthwhile outing.



No comments:

Post a Comment